Friday, September 28, 2012

Interview at Blond Grizzly

Trent will be showing at Blonde Grizzly this month for Gallery Stroll. I asked him a few questions about his work and the upcoming show. Here is what he had to say:

First, just tell us a little bit about yourself- your art training, your hobbies, pets, where you grew up etc.

Received a BFA from the U of U, I like taking photos of trains, I have two cats and was born and raised in Salt Lake City.

You are a man of many mediums. Do you have a favorite medium to work in?

I wouldn't say I have a favorite medium. Most of the time it depends on what I am working on at the moment. Recently, for example, I have been messing around with a lot of patterns and tessellation. So I have been using a lot of Illustrator and Photoshop. The series prior to that was glitchy portraits with oil paint.

You have mastered cartoon imagery, contemporary pop abstractions and realism. Do you have a favorite style to work in?

I like to think that the medium depicts the style. Spray paint is large and fast with a variety of line, oil paint versatile with an immense range of color, screen printing can be preconceived as well as a spontaneous labored process, you can be crazy aggressive with latex and computers can pretty much do anything more...

0 comments: